- Nursing Theory
- Research Methodology and Evidence-Based Practice
- Psychiatric Nursing
- BSN, Nursing, Saint Louis University
- MSN, Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing, Saint Louis University
- MPE, Psychiatric Epidemiology, Washington University School of Medicine
- PhD, Nursing Research, Saint Louis University
- Post-Doctoral Research Training: Washington University School of Medicine, Psychiatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics [National Institute of Mental Health Training Grant (NIMH T32 MH17104- LB Cottler, PI)]
- Mental health needs of older adults
- Human responses to traumatic stress
- Psychosocial care of the physically ill
- Quality of care and outcome analysis
Murray, R.B., Zentner, J.P., & Yakimo, R. (Eds.), (2009). Health promotion strategiesthrough the life span (8th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall Health.
Yakimo, R. (2008). Mental health promotion of the young and middle-aged adult. InM.A. Boyd (Ed.), Psychiatric nursing: Contemporary perspectives (4th ed.)., Philadelphia: Lippincott.
Murray, R.B., Yakimo, R., & Baier, M. (2008). Care of people who are homeless andmentally ill. In M.A. Boyd (Ed.), Psychiatric nursing: Contemporary perspectives (4th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott.
Corley, C.S., Gray, M. & Yakimo, R. (2006). Substance abuse and dependency: Networks and services to address the needs of older adults. In B. Berkman & S. D'Ambruoso (Eds.), Handbook of social work and aging. New York: Oxford University Press.
Yakimo, R. (2003). Hands. In C. Davis & J. Schaefer (Eds.), Intensive care: Morepoetry and prose by nurses. Iowa City: University of Iowa Press.
Yakimo, R. (2001). Case study: End-of-life care. In R.B. Murray & J.P. Zentner (Eds.), Health promotion strategies through the life span (7th ed.) (pp. 853-854). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall Health.
Yancey, V., Yakimo, R., Perry, A., & McPherson, T. (2008). Perceptions of pharmaceutical care among pharmacists offering compounding services. Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 48,508-514.
Yakimo, R. (2006). Outcomes in psychiatric consultation-liaison nursing. Perspectives in Psychiatric Care, 42, 59-62.
Yakimo, R., Kurlowicz, L.H., & Murray, R.B. (2004). Evaluation of outcomes in psychiatric consultation-liaison nursing practice. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 18, 215-227.
2008: Betty AuBuchon Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville School of Nursing.
2008: Biographee, Marquis Who's Who in America: 2009. Chicago: A.N. Marquis.
2008: Research Award, International Society of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses, Madison, WI
2007: Distinguished Practitioner, Nursing Academy, National Academies of Practice (N-NAP), Washington, DC.