Sherry Doney, MSN, RN, PMHCNS-BC
Assistant Teaching Professor
210 Nursing Administration Building
College of Nursing, South Campus
- Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Obstetrical Nursing
- LPN: Lansing Community College, Lansing MI, 1974
- BSN: Michigan State University, E. Lansing MI, 1981
- MSN: Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, 2001
- Adult Psychiatric/Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- 2001-Research Synthesis for Master's Degree titled Codependency in
Nurses: A Real Phenomenon?
- 2002-2005- Clinical Research Study Coordinator for multi site, NIH
funded, clinical trial titled "Optimization of Electroconvulsive
Therapy" at Washington University School of Medicine. This evaluated
the effectiveness of concurrent use of antidepressant medications and
Electroconvulsive Therapy in the treatment of Major Depressive
- 2003-2005-Alternate Study Coordinator and treatment provider for
research study sponsored by Neuronetics, Inc., the manufacturer of a
NEW experimental device used for the treatment of Major Depressive
Disorder called repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS).
The goal was to obtain FDA approval for the treatment after verifying
effectiveness of the device.
- Presentation entitled Quality Assurance and Patient Safety/Satisfaction in the ECT Treatment Process given at conference sponsored by Washington Univ. School of Medicine, Dept. of Psychiatry on April 8, 2005.