About the College
News and Events
Message from the Dean
Our Faculty and Staff
Scholarships and Awards
Student Nursing Organizations
Pre-Licensure BSN Programs
Guaranteed Admission: Traditional Full-Time Option
RN to BSN Program
Post Graduate Certificate Program
DNP Preceptor Modules
UMSL BJC Summer Nurse Externship
Nurse Externship Program Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Nursing Learning Resource and Simulation Center Campaign
Alumni and Friends
The College of Nursing is now working in conjunction with UMSL's Office of Financial Aid to offer a common scholarship application. To be considered for a variety of need and merit-based endowed scholarships, nursing students must complete an application through the Office of Financial Aid each year by April 1. Students must meet the following minimum qualifications to be considered; however, some scholarships may require a higher GPA and/or additional application materials:
- Admitted to the College of Nursing as one of the following:
- Clinical student in one of the 3 Pre-Licensure BSN Options
- RN to BSN student
- Graduate student (DNP or PhD)
- 2.5 cumulative GPA for undergraduate students; 3.0 cumulative GPA for graduate students
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Two-Step Application Process
The scholarship application has two parts: The General Application and scholarship-specific applications. All students must complete the General Application before they can apply to specific scholarships. Once the General Application is complete, one of two things will happen:
- The General Application will automatically be applied to those scholarship opportunities that don’t require additional information.
- The student will be able to apply to specific scholarships that have additional questions.
Please take a few minutes to read through the scholarship application tutorial before submitting your application.
If you have questions about submitting the scholarship application or completing the FAFSA, please contact the Office of Financial Aid. If you have questions about the scholarships themselves, please contact the College of Nursing.
- The Scholarship Foundation of St. Louis Interest-Free Loan Program (applications are available at www.sfstl.org).
- Health Professional Nursing Student Loans
- Professional and Practical Nursing Student Loans
- Financial aid is available to students pursuing careers as licensed practical nurses or professional nurses in underserved areas of Missouri. The financial aid provided to nursing students consists of loans for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate training that may be forgiven, or written off, in exchange for service in an underserved area.