University of Missouri–St. Louis students, faculty and staff have an added layer of security with a free mobile app that turns any smartphone into a personal safety device.
The Rave Guardian Safety App is free to download and offers speed dial functionality to reach campus police (or 911 when off campus), a safety timer that allows friends and family to act as a virtual safety escort and a call directory of university support services.
The safety timer allows you to invite friends and family – even if they don’t have the Rave Guardian App – to join your network of “guardians”. When needed, users can request one or more of their guardians to monitor their walk on or off campus ensuring they get to their destination safely. During the timed trip, Rave Guardian will share your approximate location and route with the selected guardian and they can follow along using GPS. Once you reach your destination your guardian will know you arrived safely.
Should an issue arise during a trip the user can dial their guardian, campus police or 911 with one touch dialing. Additional information can be provided via your Rave Guardian profile and real-time location helping facilitate a quicker emergency response.
Other features include:
- My Profile: Stored personal and if necessary; medical information which can be shared with emergency responders.
- Inbox: Another method in which you may receive emergency notifications from the campus.
- Call Directory: Speed dial access to campus support services
- Content Directory: Quick web links to campus support service.
- Text UMSL Police: A portal for texting a crime tip or in an extreme emergency texting for help. The preference is always to call the police when possible.
All students, faculty and staff are encouraged to enhance their personal safety by downloading Rave Guardian Safety App.
How to download Rave Guardian
- Search Rave Guardian in your App/Google Store and download the app.
- Download the app and enter your phone number.
- Enter the verification code sent to your phone.
- Enter your UMSL email address.
- Click your name on the top bar of the app and fill in your profile.