Application Process for Accelerated Option Applicants

Applicants interested in applying to the University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Nursing Accelerated BSN Program must complete the following steps:

  • Apply to the University of Missouri-St. Louis by completing the UMSL Undergraduate Application
  • Submit transcripts from all previous institutions through the UMSL Undergraduate Application
  • After acceptance to the University of Missouri-St. Louis, complete the College of Nursing Accelerated BSN Program Supplemental Application which will require:
    • Personal statement indicating reasons for pursuing a nursing degree (no more than two pages)
    • Required essay (directions found in the supplemental application)
    • Resume outlining previous education, work/volunteer experience, extra-curricular activities, leadership roles, honors, and awards
      • Note: If you experience any issues uploading your personal statement, essay, and resume, please directly email these items to
    • Two recommendation forms:
      • Recommenders will need to complete the Recommendation Form and return it to UMSL College of Nursing by emailing it to or by mailing it to the address listed on the Recommendation Form (email preferred)

Students who have previously been enrolled in the clinical track of another nursing school's RN program must be able to provide a letter of good standing from their previous nursing school. Students who have been dismissed from another nursing school's RN program, or did not leave in good standing, are ineligible for admission to the clinical track of UMSL's Pre-Licensure BSN options.

We do not accept transfer nursing courses from other institutions. Students who have previously been enrolled in the clinical track of another nursing school must apply competitively to start from the beginning of UMSL's program (after providing a letter of good standing).

Accelerated BSN Program Application Deadline: May 31; rolling admissions until program is full

Attention International Students
International students and citizens/permanent residents who have earned college credit at an institution outside of the United States are required to submit additional materials. Please contact the Office of International Student and Scholar Services for further information.