Spaces in the RN to BSN Program are awarded to qualified applicants on a first-to-enroll basis. There is no application deadline; however, spaces are limited for each admit term. Students must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Admissible to UMSL (the university's admission criteria for transfer students can be found by clicking here)
- Graduation from a State Board approved and nationally accredited (NLN) associate or diploma nursing program
- Evidence of current licensure as a registered nurse, with eligibility for licensure in Missouri*
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA (calculated on all attempts of all transferable undergraduate courses--excluding pluses and minuses)
- Completion of at least 30 transferable college credit hours
- Validation/verification of basic nursing knowledge
*Students may be provisionally admitted to the first term of the program, pending NCLEX results. Students must pass the NCLEX before progressing into the second term.