About the College
News and Events
Message from the Dean
Our Faculty and Staff
Pre-Licensure BSN Programs
RN to BSN Program
Post Graduate Certificate Program
Scholarships and Loans
Student Nursing Organizations
Alumni and Friends
Clinical Faculty Research Interests
Grant Services and Resources
Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty Research
Preclinical Track Admission Criteria
The first step in the admission process for all nursing students is to be admitted to the preclinical track. Such admission does not guarantee enrollment in the clinical track of any BSN Option, unless a student qualifies for guaranteed clinical admission. To be considered for the nursing major, students must meet the following admission criteria:
First-time freshmen and transfer students with fewer than 24 transferable college credit hours:
- Admissible to UMSL (the university's admission criteria for freshmen can be found by clicking here)
Transfer students with 24 or more transferable college credit hours:
Students applying for Summer 2017 or later*:
- Admissible to UMSL (the university's admission criteria for transfer students can be found on the website for the Office of Admissions)
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (calculated on all transferable undergraduate courses)
Clinical Track Admission Criteria
Clinical track spaces are limited, and are awarded to qualified students on a competitive basis. Only students who submit the required clinical application by the appropriate deadline will be considered. Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria in order to be considered for clinical admission. Please note that meeting the following minimum criteria does not guarantee that a student will earn a clinical space in the Accelerated Option.
Students applying for Summer 2017 or later (with or without a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university)*:
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA (calculated on all transferable undergraduate courses combined with all UMSL courses)
- Satisfactory completion of all general education course requirements
- Required science courses (Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, and Microbiology) completed with a grade of B- or higher within 5 years of enrollment.
*Pending final approval by Faculty Senate and Curriculum and Instruction.
Note: Admission criteria are subject to change.