Our vision is to be a vibrant community of compassionate and engaged nursing scholars who enhance the health outcomes and quality of care through leadership in education, research, evidence-based practice and policy.
The mission of the College of Nursing at University of Missouri–St. Louis is to shape the future of nursing and healthcare locally, regionally, nationally and globally through education, research, practice and policy. We develop nurses who are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence and leadership through innovative baccalaureate, masters and doctoral programs. We leverage strategic partnerships to generate, translate, disseminate and apply knowledge that will improve health.
- Ensure Excellence in Nursing Education
- Expand Research and Scholarship
- Enhance Community Partnerships
- Innovate and Synergize Professional Development and Interprofessional Education
- Develop Resources for Sustainability and Growth
- Diversity - We appreciate, celebrate and incorporate the value of diversity in thought and culture in our environment.
- Intellectual Discourse & Rigor - We encourage excellence and continuous improvement along with free and open discussion, dialogue and debate of ideas.
- Caring - We exhibit caring through empathy, nurturing and mentoring.
- Professionalism - We hold ourselves accountable to the standards of professional performance, practice and ethical behavior.
- Mutual Respect and Support - We respect the importance of individual strengths and contributions, and support each other to ensure the success of our mission. We work together to create the future vision we desire.
- Innovation - In our role as leaders, we embrace change, take risks and strive to think in new and creative ways, try fresh approaches and find innovative applications of proven ideas.
- Collaboration - We value the synergy created by bringing multiple perspectives together forming highly productive intra- and inter-professional teamwork.
- Transparency - We recognize that the vitality of our learning community is driven by open and honest organizational and interpersonal communication.