GWP wants to help get you and your students published!
10 REASONS TO SEND STUDENT WORK OUT INTO THE WORLD
*according to teachers
- Students get an "authentic audience."
- They learn that their ideas and opinions are interesting and meaningful to others, and can be part of a larger, public conversation.
- It shows them how the real world works: Rules must be followed, deadlines must be met.
- It makes them enthusiastic writers and artists who want to revise.
- It transforms the dynamic in the classroom.
- It boosts self-esteem and makes them take themselves, their voices, their work and each other more seriously.
- It shows them they can do something real with what they have learned.
- It reduces fear of rejection, and makes them more likely to keep trying.
- It burnishes applications for college, scholarships and jobs.
- It can change their lives.
*Check out the full NYT article and teacher quote