Residential & Student Life
Funding and Payment Resources
Application & Interview Process
Resources for Families
Staff and Partners
Get Involved and Learn More
SUCCEED in the News
Summer Enrichment Camp
University of Missouri - St. Louis
SUCCEED 2017 Summer Enrichment Camp
★ What is SUCCEED?
SUCCEED is a two year post-secondary program at UMSL for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. While enrolled in SUCCEED, students live in Oak Hall, participate in campus activities, complete vocational training and vocational experiences, enroll in UMSL credit courses ,and complete noncredit curriculum that focuses on independent living, self-advocacy, self-determination, and social skill development.
★ What is the SUCCEED Summer Enrichment Camp?
The SUCCEED Summer Enrichment Camp provides students ages 17 to 22 the SUCCEED college experience. Students will stay overnight in Oak Hall, utilize a meal plan on campus, take various academic workshops, complete vocational training, and engage in recreational and traditional camp activities on campus.
★ What are the qualifications to participate in the SUCCEED Summer Enrichment Camp?
- Student must be between the ages of 17-22
- Student must be able to manage medication independently
- Student must be able to navigate basic hygiene and self-care independently
- Student must be able to function successfully with a 3 to 1 staff to student ratio
- Student must provide diagnosis of intellectual or developmental disability
★ Important Information:
- Applications due Friday, March 3rd by 3:00 pm, mailed applications may be postmarked March 3rd
- Potential applicants must be available to attend the Meet and Greet/Group Interview March 9th at 3:00 pm.
- Camp dates are June 12-15, 2017
- Students check-in by 11:30 am on June 12th and check out by 6:00 pm on June 15th
- Camp cost is $550
- Summer Camp Vouchers will be accepted
- Cost includes camp programming, overnight accommodations, and meals from lunch Monday June 12th through lunch Thursday June 15th.
Sponsored in Partnership With:
Interested in applying for a voucher through the Recreation Council? Visit their website here.