Apply for a Scholarship
The University of Missouri – St. Louis offers several scholarships for which students are considered automatically when they are admitted to UMSL. Other scholarships require students to submit an application. The link to the scholarship application is at the bottom of this page. Please be sure to read all information carefully before starting the scholarship application.
Steps for applying for scholarships at UMSL
- Apply for Admission - You will not be considered for scholarships unless you have been admitted to the University.
- Fill out your FAFSA - The FAFSA is the only method by which we determine financial need. You must submit a valid FAFSA to be considered for any scholarships which require financial need.
- If you choose not to complete the FAFSA, you are encouraged to provide proof of your legal status. Missouri law (HB 390) requires students to be lawfully present in the U.S. to receive state or institutional funds. There are many documents that you can use to fulfill this requirement. Our office will contact you if we need additional documentation. You will only need to provide proof of your legal status once.
- Review the External Scholarships page for additional scholarship opportunities. Scholarships offered from donors outside UMSL often can be used to help defray your costs at UMSL.
Deadlines for the 2013-2014 awarding cycle
March 1, 2013 PAST
Freshmen scholarship applications and FAFSAs for scholarship consideration are due.
March 15, 2013 PAST
Fall 2013 Transfer student scholarship applications and FAFSAs for scholarship consideration are due.
April 1, 2013 PAST
Continuing and Graduate student scholarship applications and FAFSAs for scholarship consideration are due.
October 15, 2013
Spring 2014 Transfer student scholarship applications and FAFSAs for scholarship consideration are due.
Tips for completing the Online Scholarship Application
- Which option should you choose?
- Never applied for scholarship before
Whether you are a new student or a current UMSL student, if you've never completed the online scholarship application before, choose this option.
- I wish to finish or update my application
If you've started an application for this year and you want to update it before the deadline, choose this option.
- I wish to apply for a new aid year
If you have done the online scholarship application previously and you now want to apply for the upcoming aid year, choose this option.
- New Scholarship Application
Only choose this option if instructed by the scholarship application to do so.
- Internet Explorer may pose unintended difficulties for students attempting to use the Online Scholarship Application (and MyView in general). At this time, students are encouraged to consider using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Students using Macs can also use Apple Safari in addition to FireFox and Chrome.
- If you get an error message indicating you are not authorized to access the application, you will need to clear your browser's cache (delete Internet history) before trying to access the web application. Visit RefreshYourCache for additional information.
- For security reasons, the scholarship application will time out after 15 minutes of inactivity. You must navigate between pages or click on the "save" button at the bottom of each page to remain active. If you have trouble logging back in after your session has timed out, close and then reopen your browser.
- If this is your first time applying, make note of your scholarship application ID and password so you can review or revise your application. You will also use this user ID and password annually to apply for new aid years. Passwords are case sensitive.Do not use the "forward" or "back" buttons on your browser; instead use the buttons at the bottom of each page.
- The date you create and register a scholarship application ID and password is considered the application date. Making revisions later will not change the application date.
- When you have completed the application, you will receive a scholarship application number, which serves as confirmation that you have submitted your application.
- To ensure we have received your application, you are encouraged to close your browser and then sign back in to the scholarship application. If you can see your information when you do this, then you know it was saved successfully.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid at 314.516.5526 or at email@example.com.
By submitting this application, you authorize the Office of Student Financial Aid at the University of Missouri – St. Louis to share information from this application and your educational record as is necessary for the review and selection of scholarship recipients.