Inceptia (Verification Gateway)
UMSL is pleased to announce we have a partnership with Inceptia to expedite the federal verification process. Verification Gateway (VG) from Inceptia is an online portal to guide students and parents through verification.
If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the U.S Department of Education, you will receive an email from VGCS@inceptia.org, or postcard from Inceptia, containing UMSL’s unique website link to start the verification process.
We encourage you to begin the verification process within 7 days of receiving notification from Verification Gateway to ensure you receive your financial aid in time for payments. Failure to complete the verification process could result in the delay or denial of your financial aid.
Follow these steps to complete your verification:
- Access our school’s unique website link in the email from VGCS@inceptia.org or listed below.
- Create your account* and choose preferences for text messages and e-signatures.
- Complete your Task List.
- Confirm your signature and review your information.
- Sign your account.
***If you are a dependent student, your parent also needs to create their own account and complete each of these steps.
UMSL Verification Gateway Links and Deadlines
- 2023-2024 Federal Verification (includes Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024 terms): The deadline for submitting these documents is September 2, 2024.
- 2022-2023 Federal Verification (includes Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and Summer 2023 terms): The Deadline for submitting these documents is September 1, 2023.
In order to provide estimates of financial aid eligibility to new students in an expedient manner, aid offers are calculated based on the original FAFSA data, and letters are mailed before the verification process may be complete. If corrections are needed as a result of the verification process, eligibility will be recalculated and aid offers may be revised. For this reason, student and parent information should be as accurate as possible on the FAFSA.
Aid offers to returning students will be provided after the verification process has been completed.
Verification is complete when Inceptia has received and reviewed all requested documentation and reported your completed file to UMSL. If a student fails to provide the required documentation, UMSL cannot:
- Disburse any federal, state, or institutional grants
- Disburse and federal loans such as the Stafford or PLUS Loan funds
- Hire or continue a student’s employment in a FWS job
Questions about the verification process?
Contact Inceptia, Monday through Friday 8 am–7 pm Central at (888) 374-8427 or VGCS@inceptia.org.
Inceptia, a division of National Student Loan Program (NSLP), is a nonprofit organization committed to offering effective and uncomplicated solutions in verification, financial aid management, financial education, and repayment wellness. Our mission supports schools as they illuminate paths towards educational and financial success for students and families.