Become a SUCCEED Peer Support!
- Do you enjoy meeting new people?
- Are you committed to helping others?
- Interested in being an active part of the UMSL community?
- Excited to bring equality and excellence to higher education?
What is SUCCEED?
SUCCEED is a post-secondary program for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 18 through 25 years. It is a two-year residential program on the campus of UMSL.
Designed to encourage and develop pathways toward independence, SUCCEED offers an individualized approach to career development. The curriculum, learning activities, and internships are structured around social interaction, personal development, independent living skills, preparation for employment and/or preparation for a degree-seeking program.
What is a Peer Support?
A peer support is a friend, confidant, colleague and a partner. A peer support is not a provider, a teacher or a savior. Peers and their SUCCEED counterparts are peers--learning and growing from each other.
3 types of Peer Supports
Who can be a Peer Support?
- Be a student at University of Missouri St. Louis, enrolled in at least one course
- Be a student at University of Missouri --St. Louis, enrolled in at least one course
- A minimum of a semester commitment, however, commitments can extend throughout the entirety of the academic year
What are the Expectations?
- Follow and abide by UMSL’s Student Code of Conduct
- Abide by all policies set forth in the Peer Support Handbook
- Communicate with SUCCEED staff
- Maintain all schedules and remain consistent with your SUCCEED peer
- Assist student to gain an understanding on how college/independence differs from high school
- Work collaboratively with your SUCCEED peers and other Peer Supports
Contact email@example.com for more information.