Printing from a Mobile Device
You can print a file from your mobile device to a Secure Release printer. The process is to send
a file to or share
a file with firstname.lastname@example.org
. The file must be sent from your UMSL email account. This will not actually print the file, but will put the print job into the secure print queue. You can then go to any secure enabled multi-function printer and release your print job by using your UMSL ID card.
- On your mobile device, open the file you want to print (picture, word file, pdf file, etc.) and select the appropriate option to send/share this file via email. You MUST be sending from an UMSL email account.
- Address the email message to email@example.com. Supported formats are:
- Office documents: Word, Excel and PowerPoint (doc, dot, docx, rtf, eml, xls, xlt, xlsx, csv, ppt, pptx, pptm)
- HTML documents (htm, html, mht)
- Text file (txt)
- PDF documents (pdf)
- Send your email. You will receive an email confirmation when your print is ready to be released.
- To release your print job from the secure queue, go to a device that is setup for secure release printing. Most of the Xerox multi-function printers have the secure release feature enabled. The printer will have a card reader device. Start by scanning your UMSL ID card through the card reader at the printer. See directions for releasing a secure queue print job.
- Forwarding meeting invites with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org is not supported and will require attachment removal and sending the meeting invite and attachments separately to print.