Certain organizations may require you to sign an agreement to hold the organization harmless for any injury to you or damage to your property that may occur while volunteering there, regardless of the cause. You should be aware that such agreements do not have the force of law andyou do not waive any legal rights by signing them.
If you are interested in volunteering for an organization not listed, please contact the Volunteer Services office at email@example.com or (314) 516-4107.
The following types of organizations are NOT eligible to be included in the Employee Volunteer Program at UMSL:
- For-profit organizations
- Civic clubs or social organizations
- Fraternal organizations
- Leisure activity organizations
- Political organizations, activities or candidates
- Religious organizations (i.e. designed to evangelize or promote a religion, its beliefs or agenda)
- Industrial or trade organizations
- Professional organizations
- School auxiliaries such as band, parents or athletic booster clubs
- Activities intended to promote an individual's personal or family interest
- Any university-sponsored special event or program