Our Mission is to provide the University of Missouri—St. Louis Community with solutions to help them adapt and learn in the changing environment of Information Technology. We strive to exceed expectations and provide for the future growth of UMSL.
Hours and Information
|TSC Support||Operating Hours|
|Monday||7:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday||7:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||7:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|Thursday||7:30 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am - 5:00 pm|
Monday - Friday During Operating Hours appointments available in 190 MSC
New Loaner Equipment Policies
In order to maximize the amount of equipment available to faculty and staff, the Technology Support Center has changed some policies regarding the laptops and projectors that are loaned out to faculty and staff. The key changes are as follows:
- The maximum checkout period has been changed to one business day. All equipment checked out must be returned by the end of the next business day that the Technology Support Center is open.
- Equipment can no longer be reserved in advance. Faculty and staff are encouraged to call 314-516-6034 on the day that they need the equipment to make sure that there is sufficient equipment in stock.
- Our Laptop services are for faculty/staff waiting on a new computer, out of town University use or for desktop computers that are under service.
- If equipment is not returned in accordance with the policy, the faculty/staff member who checked out the equipment will be billed for the replacement cost of the equipment not returned.
We will be happy to assist you with:
- University-provided Operating Systems. (Windows, Mac OS X)
- University-provided Software. (Microsoft Office, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Secure FTP & Telnet (SSH Secure Shell, Fetch, JellyfiSSH)
- Virus Protection (Microsoft Security Essentials)
- Compression Utility (WinZip, Stuffit Expander)
- Third Party Applications (Adobe Reader)
- University-provided computing services
- Canvas login Issues, MyView, Office 365, Exchange mail
- Status of campus systems
- Account requests
- Password resets
- University approved Software installs
- Wireless Networking (Please drop by the office for this)
We are unable to assist with:
- Software not provided by the university
- Student Web pages
- Personal computers, unless inquiries are related to University
- Personal printers
How to reach us:
- Phone us at 314-516-6034.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Password-related requests are best handled over the phone or in person)
Keeping your Technology Equipment Clean