- OneDrive is easily accessible via the Microsoft 365 portal at https://portal.office.com/.
- OneDrive Sync is available as a mobile and desktop application. VPN is not required.
- Users have 5 TB of storage.
- OneDrive can help recover from accidental deletions.
Please see these additional resources from Microsoft:
With OneDrive, your files are available to you anytime, anywhere -- without needing VPN or remote access to your workstation.
ITS encourages faculty/staff to start using OneDrive as soon as possible. Please install the OneDrive client on your campus workstation, and start moving your files from your K: drive (steamboat) to OneDrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Remote into your on-campus computer system using the Remote Desktop. We recommend initiating the migration steps defined below with your on-campus computer for performance purposes and proper transfers. Linked are Instructions for Remote Desktop and for VPN usage.
- Go to https://umsl.edu/go/OneDrive4Steamboat to download and install the OneDrive application client. Do NOT open OneDrive for Business.
- Click “Save File”, view in downloads folder.
- Then, click “Run File” and follow the setup screen prompts.
- Log in using email@example.com and password, then authenticate your account using your firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Follow the screen prompts to completion. Once complete, you will get the “OneDrive is Ready for You” dialogue box then click “Open my OneDrive folder” to begin your migration.
You are ready to migrate and have installed OneDrive, follow the below:
- After you have installed, select the “Open my OneDrive folder” will open the OneDrive window in File Explorer. You may also go to the taskbar located at the bottom of your computer screen and click on the file folder icon .
- Open another File Explorer window. Open the K: Drive folder on the left side of the File Explorer window.
- Collect files in your K: Drive then drag and drop them into OneDrive manually. Or copy and paste them into OneDrive.
- Periodically compare your files from your K: Drive to your OneDrive status view to make sure all files moved.
If you see a red "X" on the bottom right hand side of your computer screen, hover over the cloud icon and follow the prompt. If you are still having trouble after the prompt, please contact the Technology Support Center.
Yes, student, employee or financial records that do not contain Highly Restricted Data information like social security or credit card number information may move to OneDrive.
If you or someone from your department needs to store Highly Restricted Data, please contact the Technology Support Center at (314) 516-6034 for more information and options.
To confirm your K: drive synced, check the file counts and folder counts for both K: drives and OneDrives. Cross-reference the file count and size totals in both your K: Drives to OneDrive to endure that they match.
Another way is to double click on the OneDrive Cloud icon on the bottom right corner. If you see a sign in prompt, sign in with email@example.com credentials and select the “open folder” option.
Your files will also have the below file status symbols in File Explorer: