Google Apps and Google Drive
UMSL provides Google Apps (including Google Drive) for students, faculty, and staff, using your @umsystem.edu address as your login. All UMSL users will start using their @umsystem.edu Google accounts. Please discontinue use of your @umsl.edu Google account. Files have been relinked from your @umsl.edu to your @umsystem.edu Google account for easy access. For more information on UM System's Google offerings, please visit the UM System site HERE.
How to access Google applications:
When logging into Google applications, users will be routed to the Microsoft Multi Factor authentication page. From there, users will enter their firstname.lastname@example.org and password. Then, you will be routed to the Microsoft MFA page to be sent a validation code to the method previously selected on your Microsoft account.
To access your relinked files, login into https://mydrive.umsl.edu/ using your email@example.com and password.
Alternatively, files from your old @umsl.edu Google drive have also been shared and can be found in your new @umsystem.edu account and are located under "shared with me" and can still be accessed.
Please note: Please do not move your files including Google forms that you own to prevent issues with any shared or linked files. In the upcoming weeks, we are working to change the ownership of the files for you.
Any bookmarks saved to shared drives in old @umsl.edu Google drive accounts will need to be recreated in your @umsystem.edu Google account.
For website bookmarks loaded into your @umsl.edu Google profile will need to exported then login to your @umsystem.edu account and import them in. For more information and instructions, visit: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96816?hl=en
Going forward, this transition is a key component in moving forward the University's eLearning initiatives. Having all four campuses on one domain creates a single sign-on to better facilitate multi-campus collaboration between faculty, staff and students.
A few important notes:
- Documents deleted from your @umsl.edu will be gone and will not be visible in the @umsystem.edu Google Drive.
- Content from your shared drives from your @umsl.edu account will be accessible on your firstname.lastname@example.org account.
- If you need to log into your old @umsl.edu account, you can do so by logging into google drive as email@example.com. That is the new name for our old google instance. Please do not put new items here as you may lose them when we decommission it in the future.
- For a complete listing of Google Apps, visit Google's official site, G Suite for Education. (Please note: Gmail and Calendar are not available at this time.)
- For more information on Google drives, visit https://support.google.com.
For assistance, please contact the Technology Support Center at 314-516-6034 or visit https://help.umsl.edu.