The Center for Family Research and Policy is a part of the School of Social Work that engages in research to inform evidence-based practice when working with families in need. We believe in a collaborative approach to research: working with communities, area agencies that focus on families and schools, and other academics to better serve those in our community.
To advance knowledge and the application of theory, research, and evidence-based practice to understand the complexities and needs of the family.
CFRP supports research in collaboration with communities, schools, and family agencies, increasing the relevance of the research.
Our Objective: Research that informs/enhances:
- Intervention development
- Feasibility studies and Experimental studies
- Community partnerships
- Implementation of family-based programs
- Training in evaluation of family-based programs
- Workshops on evidence-based (best) practices
- Policy Development
- Workplace support for families and health initiatives for families
For more information, please visit the links below.