The Center for Family Research and Policy has completed research focusing on youth, substance use, mental health and more. Below are just a few examples of the work that has been done so far.
- Understanding how a mother's substance abuse affects her adolescent child's development so we can protect the youth from abusing substances
- Determining what treatment approach is most effective in working with parents whose children have been removed because of their substance abuse
- Examining the effectiveness of mentoring programs in influencing the lives of youth within the juvenile justice programs
- Assessing the utility of community and school-based sexual health programming
- Determing the mental health service needs of St. Louis County youth