Bachelor of Social Work Program Applications
In order to be accepted into the Bachelor of Social Work program you must:
- Have a GPA of 2.75 or higher in social work related areas and a 2.5 or higher overall;
- Have attended at the Professional Development Workshop;
- An application of admission to the social work program;
- Two completed reference forms - one from a college or university professor and one from a work or volunteer experience supervisor;
- Have completed SOC WK 2000 (Social Work and Social Issues), SOC WK 2001 (Social Work and Social Issues Lab), and SOC WK 2200 (Social Welfare as a Social Institution) or their equivalents or completion of an A.A. in Human Services, as well as Psychology 1003 and Sociology 1010 or their equivalents with a C- or better.
Completed APPLICATIONS are DUE at the beginning of Fall and Spring each academic year.
Remember that it may take time to secure letter of reference, so it is best to start the process early.
Applicants may be asked to meet with the Social Work Admissions Committee.
Completed applications may be returned via email to:
Or sent via postal service to:
Undergraduate Social Work Program
Attention: Shanta Kyles
121 Bellerive Hall
One University Boulevard
University of Missouri-St. Louis
St. Louis, MO 63121