You must set up both Additional Authorized Access in MyView and an Authorized User TouchNet .
Please set up Additional Authorized Access in both TouchNet AND MyView. TouchNet access will be required for those people that will be making payments on your behalf. MyView access will be required for those that you would like us to be able to speak to regarding your student account.
The University of Missouri-St. Louis provides notification of billing statements to currently enrolled students who have an account balance. This notification will only be delivered to your UMSL assigned email account. Electronic billing statements are available online at myview.umsl.edu. Authorized users will receive the same billing statement email reminders to their personal email address.
To grant Additional Authorized Access in TouchNet:
- Log in to umsl.edu using your SSO ID and password. This is the same information you use to access MyGateway.
- Click on the Financial Account tile – the 5th tile in your Student Center.
- Click Proceed to TouchNet. Please allow pop ups on your computer as this will open another window.
- Log in using your SSO ID and password.
- Under the My Profile Setup section along the right side of the screen, choose Authorized Users.
- Under Authorized Users, choose Add Authorized User.
- Read the information provided then enter the email address of the person you want to grant access as a payer on your account. Answer the two questions provided which determines the level of access this person has to your billing and payment history. Then click Continue.
- Read the information provided in the Agreement to Add Authorized User pop up window. Click I Agree and Continue.
- You and the person you are granting access will receive an email stating you have authorized them to access your TouchNet account.
If changes are required to those you have granted access to, go to the Authorized Users tab and choose the gear icon shown under Action.
To grant Additional Authorized Access in MyView:
- Log in to MyView using your SSO ID and password. This is the same information you use to access MyGateway.
- Click on the Personal Information tile – The 4th tile in your Student Center.
- Click to expand the Information Privacy section on the left side of the screen.
- From the new menu, select Additional Authorized Access.
- Enter the name and email address of the person you wish to authorize, and then check the desired Access Granted Once finished, click Save. Students may add up to five Authorized Users to their account. A notification email will be sent to each user with a link to finish the account setup and create a password.
To remove access for an Authorized User in MyView:
- Navigate to the Additional Authorized Access page, delete the user and click Save. Please note that the user will be sent an email notification that access has been revoked. In granting Additional Authorized Access, the student acknowledges that the University is not responsible for any unauthorized disclosure of student information by Authorized Users.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR AUTHORIZED USERS
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, also known as FERPA, maintains that a student's educational and financial records are private and confidential. The information contained in these records may only be released with consent from the student.
The student may choose to grant online access to his or her student information to an Authorized User(s). By virtue of granting this access, the student consents to the sharing of his or her specific records with the Authorized User(s). Students have the right to revoke this consent at any time.
If a student chooses to set up Additional Authorized Access, the Authorized User will receive an email message with a link to finish the account setup and create a password. A link to MyView will also be included in the email.