The Office of New Student Programs recognizes the milestones during your first year. Below are a few ways to get involved in celebration your academic achievements during your first year at UMSL.
One is Done Celebration -
The Office of New Student Programs will sponsor a program in the Spring Semester, to celebrate first-year students' experiences. The One is Done Celebration recognizes first year and transfer student’s milestone in completing their first year at UMSL.
- Induction of new Tau Sigma students (Transfer Honor Society)
- Tau Sigma student much have achieved a 3.0 or higher this past semester, be a current full-time student, and pay the one-time membership fee for your induction items.
- Induction of new Alpha Lambda Delta students (First-Year Honor Society)
- Alpha Lambda Delta students must have earned a 3.5 GPA or higher first term, be a current full-time student, and pay the one-time membership fee of $35 to cover cost of your induction items, scholarships, and programming for the organization.
- Recognition & Award: First Year Experience Instructors, faculty, staff, and student peer mentors who have assisted with first year student success.
- Nominations are being accepted for outstanding first-year student awards. The awards outlined below will be presented to those who have demonstrated outstanding service, leadership and academic achievement and who are committed to serving the University community.
AWARDS TO NOMINATE FOR:
- The Outstanding Advocate for First-Year Students
- Shining Star Award
- The FYE Peer Leader of the Year