Using the Scholarship Application
Please take a few minutes to read through the following information about using our new scholarship application. If you have already been admitted to UMSL, you can skip to step 4.
- Only students who have been admitted to UMSL will be able to access the scholarship application. If you have not already applied to UMSL, you can submit your application for admittion online.
- If you have not already earned an associate's degree or higher, please be sure to send your high school transcript.
- If you have earned college credit through dual high school programs, or if you have attended any school after graduating from high school, please be sure to have all of those transcripts sent.
- Once you have applied to UMSL, we will mail your User ID and a temporary password to you. ("User ID" is sometimes referred to as your "SSO ID." These are interchangeable when talking about accessing University of Missouri systems.)
- If you have misplaced your User ID, you can retrieve it at sso.umsl.edu. You will need your student ID, which should be on most printed communications you receive from us.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it using the Forgot My Password link on the MyView sign in page.
- Using your User ID and password, you can sign in to MyView to check the status of your application for admission. If you have any questions about the status of your application, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions or the Office of Graduate Admissions directly.
- Once you have been admitted to UMSL, you will be able to access the scholarship application. Please note, it takes one business day from the day you're admitted before you can access the scholarship application.
- In some cases, students may need to reset or change their password after they have been admitted. You can do that from the Forgot My Password link on the MyView sign in page.
- When you first access the scholarship application, you will be presented with a list of scholarships (aka opportunities) available for application. This list changes regularly. You'll want to check back from time to time to see if any new opportunities have been added.
- When you are ready to sign in to the scholarship application, click on Sign In at the top right.
- Make sure you are on the "Applicants and Administrators" Tab and then click on "Sign In with UMSL."
- You will then be taken to a University of Missouri System page where you can enter your university User ID and Password. Make sure the page indicates you are login in to "AcademicWorks - University of Missouri, St. Louis."
- If this is your first time signing in, then you will immediately be taken to the General Application. All students must complete the General Application. You can save your application at any time by clicking on "Save and Keep Editing." If you need to come back to the application at a later date, you can do so. Just make sure you complete the application before the scholarship deadline.
- If you save your application before it's finished, you'll see a warning message on your Applications page. When you're ready to work on the application further, click on the "Complete" button.
- If you have completed all questions for the General Application, you will see a green circle with a checkmark on your Applications page. You can then search for other scholarships to apply for by clicking on Opportunities at the top. Under "Ours" you will see scholarships awarded by UMSL through this application. Under "Recommended" you may see specific scholarship opportunities for you.
Under "External" you will see scholarships that UMSL awards but require a separate application. In addition, you will see scholarship opportunities outside the University that have been sent to us directly or that we think you'd like to know about. Scholarships under "External" will give you a website where you can learn more about the scholarship or whom you can contact for more information. Be sure to check out the External Scholarships page for more information about scholarship opportunities outside UMSL.
- If you select "Ours" or "Recommended", you may see scholarships with an Apply button or you may see scholarships with a None in the place of the Apply button. If you have to answer additional questions that are specific to that scholarship, you will need to click on Apply and complete those questions. The None button can indicate one of three things:
You can determine which of these three scenarios applies by holding your mouse over the i next to the word None.
- The scholarship application is not yet available for this opportunity.
- The deadline has already passed for this opportunity.
- We don't require additional questions for this scholarship, and we will use the general application you've already completed to consider you for this opportunity.
We are adding new scholarships all the time. Be sure to check back regularly to see if there is a new scholarship that you may be eligible for. We will always give you at least 30 days to apply for a newly-added scholarship. If you have any questions about the application, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or at 314.516.5526.