Strategic Planning Committee
Strategic Planning Timeline
Academic Program Review
Glossary of Terms
UMSL HLC Tool Box
UMSL Five-Year Reviews
Centers and Institutes
Academic Support Units
Appointments, Tenure, and Promotion Info
New UMSL Faculty
Information About UMSL Students
Information For UMSL Students
Student Complaint/Grievance Procedures
Institutional Research has compiled data from the past three years for each academic department that will serve as a baseline for conversations for the Academic Program Review Committee and the entire campus community. This data includes information on enrollment, credit hour generation, number of graduates, number of faculty and staff, rankings, scholarly activity and career progression.
To access the Academic Program Review data:
- Point your browser to: https://tableau.umsystem.edu.
- When prompted for credentials, enter your university SSO ID in the form umsl-users\ssoid and your password.
- Click on the folder Institutional Research – Production.
- Click on Academic Program Review.
- Choose a dashboard from which to start. Dashboards include: Student Data, Faculty and Staff, MyVita and Research Expenditures, Academic Analytics Ranking Data, Academic Analytics Career Progression and Margin Data.
Within the dashboard view:
- Select one or more fiscal years and a department and segment by main campus or off campus if applicable.
- Use the download option in the top navigation to save files. Active options are Image, PDF, and Tableau Workbook (password protected).
- Click on the tabs at the top of the window to move to a different dashboard/set of data.
- Changes to fiscal years or departments impact all dashboards.
- The campus checkboxes on the Student Data dashboard impact only the majors data.
- On the Academic Analytics Career Progression Data dashboard, select only one fiscal year to obtain a valid mean Scholarly Research Index (SRI).
- The Comparison Group selection affects only the Academic Analytics Department Ranking Data and Academic Analytics Career Progression Data dashboards.
- Download the Data Documentation (PDF) for the Academic Program Review.