Pop-up blockers will need to be disabled on internet browsers to keep them from blocking links/pages like the ones below in MyView or TouchNet.
Learn more about turning off pop-up blockers.
- Open Google Chrome
- Tap the 3 dots in the top right-hand corner and select Settings from the menu that appears
- In the Advanced category, select the Site Settings option.
- From this menu, tap Pop-ups and redirects.
- By default, Pop-ups will be blocked. To allow pop-ups, tap the slider in the upper right-hand corner.
- Go to your Settings Application.
- In the Application Settings section, select Safari to view all options available for Safari.
- In Safari’s general settings, tap the switch on the right next to Block Pop-Ups. Pop-ups will be allowed when the switch is gray
Google Chrome prevents pop-ups from automatically appearing. Whenever the browser blocks pop-ups for a site, the icon appears in the address bar.
- Click the icon to see the MyView pop-up that has been blocked or to manage pop-up settings for the site.
- Click the link for the MyView pop-up window.
- To always allow pop-ups for the site, select "Always show pop-ups from myview.umsl.edu " The site will be added to the exceptions list, which you can manage under Content Settings dialog.
Allow all pop-ups
You can allow all pop-ups by disabling the pop-up blocker. Follow these steps:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar. Mac users: If you don't see the wrench icon, go to the menu bar at the top of your screen and click Chrome.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac)
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content Settings in the Privacy section.
- Click the Pop-ups tab in the Content Settings dialog that appears.
- Select 'Allow all sites to show pop-ups.' Customize permissions for specific websites by clicking Exceptions.
- On the FireFox main Tool bar click on Tools
- Choose Options from the drop down menu
- Choose Content from the Options Menu
- You should see a checkmark next to the option to block popup windows. Click the Exceptions button to the right of it.
- Type in myview.umsl.edu for Address of web site
- Click Allow to add this to the list of allowed sites
- Click OK on the Allowed Sites screen, then click OK again on the Options/Preferences screen.
Alternatively, you could click the Options button that shows on the yellow information bar when a page has been blocked from opening. (see below)
Then click Allow pop-ups from myview.umsl.edu
- Check the box for Block Pop-up Windows
- Click on Allowed Sites
- Add myview.umsl.edu to the list of allowed sites
- Go to the Firefox menu (to the right of the Apple menu) and select Preferences
- Select the three dots shown in the upper right-hand corner of the browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- On the left-hand side of this menu, select the Site Permissions option
- In the Site Permissions section, select the option for Pop-ups and redirects – currently the 10th option down.
- Clicking the slider next to Block (recommended) to Off will allow pop-up on all websites in this
- To allow pop-ups for MyView only, click Add next to Allow and enter myview.umsl.edu into the Add a Site Dialogue box.
- With Safari open, open the Safari Menu near the Apple Logo in the top left-hand corner.
- From this menu, select the Preferences option.
- This should open a dialogue box with different category icons at top. Select the Globe icon labeled Websites.
- On the left-hand side under General, select the Pop-up windows option
- You can allow all pop-ups by changing the option labeled When visiting other websites: from Block and notify to Allow.