What is Secure Document (File) Upload
A feature currently available on MyView (Student Services Center) to help students submit most documents and forms securely, make sure that all students’ submitted information is protected.
When uploading documents for the Student Financial Aid Office, you need to select Financial Aid on the department drop down menu.
How to prepare documents for uploading:
Ensure all of your documents/forms are completed with the necessary information. This may include:
- Your UMSL student ID number on all completed forms
- Your legal name (first name and last name)
- Handwritten signature(s) on all forms that require a signature. Typed/digital/electronic signatures cannot be accepted and will be returned. All forms must be printed and signed before being submitted. Scanned copies or photos are allowed and able to be uploaded.
- Complete all sections of the forms (Incomplete forms cannot be used)
- Remove any encryption or file types that are not compatible with the Secure Document Upload
How to submit documents:
You are able to access the Secure Document (File) Upload function by logging into MyView and navigating to your Student Center.
From here you will click the Secure Document (File) Upload button on the right hand side as shown below:
Once you have opened the Secure Document (File) Upload portal, you will complete the following steps to submit documents:
- Select “Financial Aid” from the Office/Department options dropdown
- Select the document type. Once the document type is selected, additional information regarding that document type may appear below the selection box.
- If you would like to include any additional information when submitting a document, you can add comments or notes in the available box.
- You can then click the "Add Attachment" button to attach the document you wish to upload.
- You will receive an email confirming the successful upload.
There are a few requirements you need to meet in order to successfully upload documents/forms.
- Only acceptable file types can be submitted through the Secure Document Upload function. These include: .jpg, .png, .pdf, .ppt, .doc, .xlsx file types.
- Files cannot exceed 17 MB (megabytes)
- Files cannot have unusual or special characters in the file name (for example: * % @ ! &)
- Files/documents should not be password protected
If you are unable to use the Secure Document Upload function, all documents/forms can be submitted directly to the Student Financial Aid Office by mail or in-person at the address below:
327 Millennium Student Center
One University Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63121