Online Course Development
Online course development has transitioned to UM System Missouri Online. See the Missouri Online website for the current schedule of Online Course Development and Online Teaching Certification programs.
Course Development Best Practices
- Create a welcoming home page for the course.
- Reduce the number of navigation menu items to those you’re using.
- Create a “Getting Started” module.
- Course organized in modules (by theme, chapter, topic, week).
- Minimize # of items in a module by grouping resources in the assignment/discussion prompt.
- Ensure due dates for assignments and exams are updated so they populate into the course calendar
- Hide the syllabus button if you’re regularly adding content and assignments during the semester—load your syllabus as a file in a module.