Student Volunteer Optometric Services to Humanity - UMSL College of Optometry Chapter (SVOSH)
The name of this organization shall be the Student Volunteer Optometric Service to Humanity (SVOSH), the University of Missouri-St. Louis Chapter. SVOSH is the student chapter of Volunteer Optometric Service to Humanity.
SVOSH is a volunteer organization dedicated exclusively to providing vision care to people who are less fortunate and could not otherwise receive such care, in the United States and abroad. This organization provides a unique educational
opportunity for those members who participate with various professional
Any interested UMSL College of Optometry student may become a member. To
remain in good standing, members need to participate in the organizations
activities and complete the prescribed number of hours in SVOSH work. In
addition, a yearly membership fee, set by the treasurer at the start of each fall
semester, is required.
- An active member in good standing is one who meets the following
- Is in good academic standing.
- Has paid membership dues for each year of membership. (Dues may be paid retroactively in order to participate on a mission.)
- Attends one scheduled workday per semester.
- Attends one general assembly meeting per semester.