Post-graduate residency programs prepare optometrists for careers in clinical practice and professional education. Programs begin in July, pay monthly stipends, and award Certificates of Completion. The Optometry Residency Match (ORMatch) and the Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (ASCO) are important resources if you apply for a residency. If you have any questions about any of our residency programs please contact Julie Dekinder, O.D., Director of Residency Programs. All programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE).
College of Optometry Residency Programs
Affiliated Residency Programs
- Pediatric Optometry at Children's Mercy Hospitals and Clinics - Kansas City
- Pediatric Optometry at the Children's Wisconsin
- Ocular Disease with emphasis in Glaucoma and Low Vision Rehabilitation at the Kansas City VA Medical Center
- Ocular Disease with emphasis in Primary Care and Geriatric Optometry at the Robert J. Dole VA Medical Center, Wichita, KS
- Primary Care with emphasis in Ocular Disease at the St. Louis VA Medical Center
- Primary Care with emphasis in Refractive and Ocular Surgery at Kugler Vision in Omaha, NE
- Ocular Disease with an Emphasis in Cornea and Contact Lenses at Washington University in St. Louis (this is a first year program pending ACOE accreditation)
If you have any questions about any of our residency programs please contact Julie Dekinder, O.D., Director of Residency Programs.