Location: Vienna, Austria, Europe
Program Type: UMSL Exchange Program open to undergraduate and graduate students.
Special Notes: Students pay UMSL tuition plus a program fee. See cost information below.
Language of Instruction: English
UMSL Term Abroad: Summer. Students can also participate on semester or year exchange at this institution.
Approximate or Known Dates Abroad:
July session: July 6 - July 24, 2015
August session: July 27 - August 14, 2015
2016 dates announced late fall 2015
UMSL Eligibility Requirements. Students should have a business or economics focused major/minor.
Important Dates: Regular Application Deadline
- Business - Business Administration
- Business - Finance
- Business - International Business
- Business - Management
- Business - Marketing
- Graduate offerings also available.
- Specific course offerings are set in January and listed on the ISU WU website (link below)
Program Description: Every year the team of the ISU WU designs a new and interesting program which meets the high standards of WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business). The ISU WU takes place in Vienna, a city which hosts many major international organizations and is located in the heart of Europe. The program is divided into Bachelor and Master levels.
Academics: A large variety of economic and business related courses in English are taught by experienced, international lecturers. Visiting local companies and solving practical case studies in intercultural groups complements the strong theoretical basis. The main objective of the program is not to provide basic knowledge, but to deepen specific knowledge in business, so students should already have taken business or economics courses.
Undergraudate: Taught in English, the programs consists of one intensive course and one enrichment course. Intensive courses are held from Monday through Friday in the mornings. These courses are held by WU university staff. Enrichment courses are held by renowned, international guest lecturers of WU partner universities and take place on selected afternoons.
Graduate: The Graduate Program on International Management is taught by highly qualified guest lecturers of WU partner universities with topics changing on a weekly basis. This program is taught in the mornings and afternoons, Monday through Friday.
Housing: Accommodation in a students’ residence hall off-campus
Activities and Programs: Around 200 students from over 40 countries take place in the ISU WU every year. During courses, company visits, excursions and the legendary ISU WU parties, students have a wide array of opportunities to interact with others from different countries from over around the world. An exciting social and cultural program effectively rounds out the program.
Program Fee: UMSL Students pay tuition to UMSL and a program fee to ISU WU. Tuition expenses to WU are waived for students who are officially nominated by the University of Missouri – St. Louis Study Abroad Office as part of the general exchange agreement. If students are not nominated, a separate program fee from VU applies.
The Program Fee Includes:
- Enriching classes with an international perspective
- Opportunities for intercultural exchange through the social and cultural program and information on student-friendly weekend packages for exploring Europe
- Breakfast and lunch (Monday through Friday on lecture days)
- Accommodation in a students’ residence hall off-campus
- Internet access on campus and in residence halls
- Company visits (in the Graduate Program)
- Public transportation ticket within Vienna for the time of the session
- Course materials
- Use of WU's library, computer laboratories, eLearning services, and language resource center
- Grade certificate
- Support of the summer school team
International Summer School Website: http://www.wu.ac.at/io/en/incoming/isuwuin
Cost Estimates for 2014*
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the below cost to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.
|Tuition (3 undergraduate hour)||$950|
|Books and course materials||$10|
|Mandatory HTH insurance||$35|
|ISU WU Program Fee||$1,700|
|Meals & Personal Expenses||$Program Fee+$375|
|Local Transportation||$Program Fee|
* UMSL tuition fees are based on 3 undergraduate credit hours at the 2014/15 rate - 2015/16 tuition rate TBA in April. Non-resident fees may apply.
* Airline estimate based off of online search.
* Please note that expenses are ESTIMATES. Costs vary depending on the exchange rate, the inflation rate, individual spending habits, and amount of extra travel. The cost estimate above does not include visa expenses, personal expenses, independent travel, which vary widely from student to student.
* Program information is subject to change.
* ISU WU 2014 Program Fee 1240 euro for undergraduate and 1550 euro for graduate.
* Other includes bus to and from airport.