Location: Various locations in Australia
Program Type: Fee-Paying Study Abroad Program / Affiliate through Australearn/Globalinks
Special Notes: AustraLearn is not a university; rather, they coordinate your study abroad program at an Australian university. They provide support beginning with the application process through your return to the US. Students pay Globalinks tuition and fees and earn transfer credit. Additionally, scholarships through Globalinks may be available to UMSL students.
Language of Instruction: English
UMSL Terms Abroad: Academic Year, Fall, Spring
Approximate Dates Abroad:
Fall Semester (Second Semester): July - November
Spring Semester: January - June
- Fall/Academic Year: February 16 (final)
- Spring: September 23 (final)
Read about UMSL Student Experiences:
UMSL Study Abroad Eligibility Requirements. Additionally, UMSL students must meet the Australearn requirements which vary by program.
- Subjects available and courses vary depending on the univeristy.
- Australian National University
- Bond University
- Central Queensland University
- Edith Cowan University
- Griffith University (Brisbane and Gold Coast)
- International College of Management, Sydney
- James Cook University (Townsville and Cairns)
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- Queensland University of Technology
- Southern Cross University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- University of Adelaide
- University of Canberra
- University of Melbourne
- University of New South Wales
- University of Newcastle
- University of Queensland
- University of South Australia
- University of Tasmania
- UTS - Sydney
- University of Western Australia
- University of Wollongong
- Help you select an Australian university
- Process your application
- Gain approval by your campus
- Give you program acceptance
- Provide comprehensive pre-trip orientation materials
- Arrange subject selection
- Work with financial aid
- Award over $275,000 in scholarships
- Guarantee housing
- Include medical insurance
- Pre-arrange group travel
- Help with the Immigration visa
- Give you on-site support through the Resident Director
- Provide official transcripts
- Provide re-entry advice and endless opportunities to stay involved as an Alum
- Program catalogues are available in the Study Abroad Office, 261 MSC.
Australearn Website: http://www.australearn.org/destinations/australia/
UMSL Information for Non-UMSL Programs: http://www.umsl.edu/services/abroad/Selecting%20A%20Program/non-umsl-prgms.html
Cost Estimates: See the individual program pages on the Australearn website for cost information. The cost varies by Australian university. This is not an exchange program, therefore students pay tuition and fees to AustraLearn. Students do not pay any fees to UMSL for participating in this program. Keep in mind since this is a non-UMSL program, you may use any federal financial aid received through the Financial Aid Office, but UMSL and state scholarships may or may not apply.
In addition to fees through Australearn, students will need to budget expenses for airfare, books, and other personal expenses.
Use the Budget Worksheet to compare the cost on the Australearn website to your personal budget or living on campus at UMSL.