HISTORY: Heil Chemical Company was established in 1866 and incorporated in 1888. The company manufactured, imported and sold both chemicals and physical apparatus for analytical, pharmaceutical, purposes to universities, colleges, schools, chemists, assayers, smelting works, mines, iron and steel works, brass foundries, nickel and silver platers, manufacturing jewelers, breweries, dentists, physicians and druggists.
SCOPE: The collection includes bills, correspondence, [some in French and German] orders and catalogs from many companies in the United States and Europe.
HOLDINGS: ca. 500 items, 1883-1929.
ACCESS: A finding aid for this collection is not yet available. Please contact the staff member listed below for information regarding this collection.