About the College
Administrators and Staff
Mission and Vision Statements
Faculty Areas of Expertise
Partnerships and Outreach
Advisory and Volunteer Boards
Alumni and Friends
Donate to The College Of Business
Our Alumni News
Departments and Centers
Executive Education & Professional Studies
Executive Leadership Consortium
PMP® Certification Prep
SHRM® Certification Prep
Future UMSL Business Building
News and Events
Salute to Business Achievement Awards 2015
Advanced MIS Lab
Graduate Management Admission Council
Links of Interest
Small Business Resources
Tutor and Lab Information
Awards and Scholarships
Message from the Dean
Welcome to the University of Missouri-St. Louis and the College of Business Administration. Having earned my BS and MBA from UMSL, I can testify to the quality of the faculty and programs, and how they prepared me for a long, successful, satisfying business career. As further validation, the college is accredited by the world's premier business school accrediting organization, the AACSB (The Association to Advance College Schools of Business). This distinction is earned by a very small percentage of business schools worldwide, and we are accredited in both business and accounting. The Princeton Review ranks us in the top 3% of business schools in the nation.
UMSL Business is always evolving to meet the needs of our students and to better prepare you for career success. Some recent developments include:
- Our new state-of-the art business building, Anheuser-Busch Hall is scheduled to be up and running for the Fall 2017 semester.
- Our International Business program again ranked in the top 20 nationally by US News and World Report, our thirteenth year running.
- Students from our Accounting program, which produces nearly 100% job placement, score well above the national average in both pass rate and score on the CPA exam.
- Our Cybersecurity program has been designated as a Center of Academic Excellence by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security.
- Our new cutting edge Cybersecurity & IT Innovation Lab enables hands on education in security concepts.
- A new Online Degree Completion option for students already on their way to a General Business degree.
- New courses and programs in entrepreneurship and innovation, including the elite UM Entrepreneurial Scholars Internship Program offer students mentorship and funding to get their ideas off the ground.
If you are an undergraduate student considering UMSL, I encourage you to explore our website to check out our undergraduate program offerings in global leadership and management, marketing, accounting, finance, information systems, logistics & operations management, and international business.
Are you interested in graduate school? Our Flex MBA program is delivered by an outstanding faculty possessing a powerful combination of formal academic training and relevant business experience. Our exciting cohort-based PMBA 2.0™ has received numerous accolades and offers a unique blended format which allows you to maximize your time.
At UMSL, we are well-known for producing hard working, well-prepared graduates. The 29,000 graduates of the College of Business Administration are making a difference in their companies and communities. As the global marketplace evolves, we will continue to ensure that our students are well grounded in the impacts of the latest technologies and in the leadership attributes needed to ensure success.
Whether you are looking for a place to start your business education, want to further advance your career through the pursuit of a graduate degree, or are interested in other learning opportunities, please explore all that UMSL Business has to offer.
We look forward to working with you.
Charles E. Hoffman
Dean, College of Business Administration