Dr. Anne Austin
Dr. Susan Brownell
Dr. Sheilah Clarke-Ekong
Dr. Michael Cosmopoulos
Dr. Margo-Lea Hurwicz
Dr. Laura Miller
Dr. Patti Wright
Anthropology 3-Year Plan
Alumni & Friends
Awards and Scholarships
Grad School Tips
Ten Academic Tips
Student Projects and Alumni Careers
Anthropology and Archaeology
- Dr. Anne Austin Bioarchaeology, Egyptology, ancient medicine, ancient health and disease, history of tattoos, archaeological data management
- Dr. Susan Brownell China, sports and body culture, the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, and Olympic studies.
- Dr. Sheilah Clarke-Ekong Change and continuity in contemporary West African cultures, African organizational structures, women's participation in the informal economies of the urban United States and South Africa, African geography and cultural education.
- Dr. Michael Cosmopoulos Old World archaeology, emergence of states and social complexity in Greece, Greece from the Neolithic Period, rise of Greek city-states and Classical Greece.
- Dr. Margo Hurwicz She teaches the Practicum in Cultural Research Methods, Growing Old in Other Cultures, and Medical Anthropology.
- Dr. Laura Miller She has published more than fifty articles and book chapters on Japanese culture and language, including topics such as the Korean wave, English loanwords in Japanese, the Abeno Seimei boom, girls’ slang, and print club photos.
- Dr. Jennifer Nolan Her teaching interests include gender studies, popular culture, archaelogy and museum studies.
- Dr. Patti Wright Midwestern U.S., Mesoamerica, Peru, paleoethnobotany, origins of food production, history of archaeology, archaeological methods and formation processes.