Rescinding Degrees PDF

We hope we never award a degree in error. However, in case we do, the following procedure will be followed.

The cognizant Dean will review the case. If the Dean believes there are grounds for rescinding the degree he or she will so notify the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, explaining why the degree should be rescinded. If the Vice Chancellor agrees, he or she will so notify the registrar and the system and will contact the student who was awarded the degree in error, explain the error, and ask for the diploma back.