Psi Chi, the international honor society for Psychology majors and minors, has an active chapter at the University of Missouri–St. Louis. Membership allows students opportunities to obtain unique experiences and skills to prepare for the transition to graduate school and/or the professional world of Psychology and related disciplines. Among other activities, UMSL's Psi Chi chapter hosts an annual speaker series, promotes student research, sponsors graduate school information sessions, plans social events, and lets its members know about available research opportunities and undergraduate teaching assistant positions.
Undergraduate Student Membership Requirements
- 3.1 cumulative GPA
- 3.2 Psychology GPA
- Second semester sophomore standing with 3 completed semesters of full-time college coursework
- Completed at least 9 semester credit hours or equivalent of Psychology courses
Undergraduate Transfer Student Membership Requirements
- Completed at least 12 semester credit hours at UMSL
- Completed at least 9 Psychology credit hours at UMSL
Graduate Student Membership Requirements
- Be accepted into and enrolled in a Psychology or closely related graduate program
- Have completed at least 9 semester credit hours of graduate Psychology courses in that program
- Have an overall GPA of at least 3.0 in all graduate courses including Psychology courses
- Meet graduate program's requirements (e.g., if specific courses require an A or B, students must meet those requirements even if their cumulative GPA is above 3.0)
How to Apply
Join Psi Chi by filling out the online application using your UMSL email address. Please note our eligibility requirements differ slightly from the national requirements.
Applications are reviewed once each semester, around mid-October and early April. Upon notification of acceptance and submission of the one-time membership fee of $75, your membership is complete. You will be invited to participate in an (optional) induction ceremony in the Spring semester.