Our Middle School Summer Academy offers academic enrichment courses in mathematics, science, written and oral dialogue strategies, career exploration, personal development and empowerment activities that support high school and college planning.
The Bridge Program Middle School Summer Academy is held from mid-June through mid-July for students currently enrolled in 6-8th grade. Classes meet weekly Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. All classes and workshop activities will be held on UMSL's campus.
Academic Skills Workshops Include High School Preparation, Mathematics, Science, and Written and Oral Dialogue Strategies:
Students participate in critical thinking activities designed to enhance their ability to perform well in high school and on standardized exams.
Career Exploration Workshops:
Students will be involved in career exploration workshops developed to guide students through important key steps for career identification that align with their skills and interests.
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in 6-8th grade (2023-24 academic year).
- All applicants must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative grade point average.
- All applicants must submit a completed application and report card. New participants must ask a teacher, counselor, or school administrator to complete a recommendation form on their behalf.
- All participants must agree to meet attendance, performance and behavior requirements for successful completion of the Academy.
- All participants are expected to complete assigned tasks and fully participate in class activities to meet program requirements.