An audition is required to participate in the University of Missouri-St. Louis Jazz Orchestra or in any number of jazz combos.
The student will be asked to:
- play scales - all major, dominant, dorian, and locrian scales two octaves in eighth notes at quarter note = 100
- perform two jazz standards of contrasting tempo (ballad and up tempo) and styles (swing, latin, etc…) for jazz combo and one jazz standard for the jazz ensemble
- sight-reading will be required based upon jazz ensemble and/or combo literature (with style interpretation)
- improvisation (required for combo and solo chairs in jazz ensemble)
- play a jazz blues progression on piano (combo audition only)
For additional information regarding auditions, schedule, concerts, activities, and performance availability, please email Professor Dawn Weber: email@example.com
Interested in joining?
Sign-up for an audition