About the Library
Board of Trustees
Membership and Giving
Help The Library
Support the Library
Amazon Wish List
Mercantile Library Special Collections
Pott Library Special Collections
Barriger Library Special Collections
Events and Exhibitions
Herman T. Pott National Inland Waterways Library
John W. Barriger III National Railroad Library
Board of Trustees
St. Louis Mercantile Library Art Museum
Highlights of the Collection
Early St. Louis Artists
Prints and Drawings
Sylvester Catalogue Raisonné
American Art Collectors' Club
Mercantile Library Videos
Coverage of the Titanic
The Lincoln Assassination
Links to other Libraries, Societies and Digital Collections
- St. Louis County Public Library Special Collections Library specializes in local history and geneaology.
- St. Louis City Public Library Special Collections - many indexes to books on St. Louis History, and an index of obituaries in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and St. Louis Argus.
- Missouri Historical Society Library and Research Center (located on Skinker Blvd. near Forest Park)
- State Historicial Society of Missouri (Columbia, MO) - focus of collections include newspapers, photographs and the Missouri Historical Review.
- Missouri Digital Heritage is a cooperative resource to access digital collections from libraries and museums across the state. Includes full text searchable books and photographs. The St. Louis Mercantile Library is proud to include sections from the Globe-Democrat Photograph Collection in this database.
- Missouri Archives
- Missouri Digital Civil War
- Missouri State Library
- Campbell House Museum
- Museum of Transportation
- American Memory from the Library of Congress - access to historical images, maps, newspapers, periodicals, sheet music, narratives, photographs, and more.
- Making of Ameircan - Michigan - Cornell. The Making of America project includes thousands of digitized and searchable documents, periodicals, and books dealing with topics across the spectrum of American History. Some examples include Harper's New Monthly Magazine (1850 -1859), Scribner's Monthly (1870 - 1881), and Official Records of the Union and Confederate Navies in the War fo the Rebellion (1894 - 1922).
- American Historical Print Collector's Society - For over 33 years, the AHPCS's purpose has been to foster the collection and study of historic prints, to encourage and support research and the development of publications on historic prints, and, to cooperate with societies and museums with similar interests.