Scholarships and Grants are an excellent way to fund your education. Merit scholarships are offered to students based on their admissions applications and do not require additional applications to be considered. Additional campus scholarships are available through our Competitive Scholarships Application, some scholarships may require additional questions beyond the general application and make sure to check back often for new scholarship listings.
Cybersecurity Scholarships at UMSL
Additionally, you may qualify for cybersecurity-specific scholarships. See below for currently available scholarships affiliated with UMSL.
Other Scholarship Opportunities for Students
U.S. Bank Cybersecurity Scholarships - Spring 2023
U.S. Bank is proud to offer 4 x $2500 (total $10,000) in scholarships to students pursuing a Cybersecurity program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
Number of Available Awards: 4
Scholarship Award Amount: $2500 each
Application Deadline: Jan 20, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. Central Time
Each of the four $2500 scholarships will be awarded based on academic merit and likelihood of successful completion of a cybersecurity focused curriculum and transitioning into full-time cybersecurity related work.
These are competitive scholarships. Minimum eligibility criteria include:
- You must be either a current or prospective student enrolled by the beginning of scholarship award semester (listed above) in at least one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Undergraduate Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Undergraduate Minor in Cybersecurity
- Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity
(If you have not already declared a certificate or minor, you may do so by application deadline to be eligible for the scholarship. Please talk to your academic advisor to declare your certificate/minor in cybersecurity.)
- Minimum cumulative campus GPA of 3.0 in the current or most recent program
- Scholarship Awardees must commit to attending and speaking at an official scholarship awards ceremony to be held during mid-semester. Depending on the COVID-19 restrictions, the awardees may be asked to create short video statements instead of the in-person awards ceremony and/or participate in a virtual ceremony.
- Past US Bank or Mastercard cybersecurity scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
- Students must complete application form
- APPLICATION FORM LINK: Apply Now
- An essay describing student interest and background in cybersecurity and why the student will be a good candidate for the scholarship (to be entered through the application form linked above; maximum 300 words)
- A current resume (MS Word or PDF file) emailed to Dr. Shaji Khan (email@example.com) with subject line: “US Bank Cybersecurity Scholarship Application”
Evaluation and Award Procedure
- The scholarship committee will evaluate all applications and announce the results typically within 15 days of application deadline.
- Scholarship awards will be credited to your student account in for the award semester.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January, 15, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. Central Time