Do you have an idea, side hustle, or money-making hobby?
APPLY NOW FOR THE EQ 2023 PITCH COMPETITION!
Here is how the competition works:
- Interested students will fill out an outline form about their business ideas, which will be assessed by UMSL Accelerate staff for their potential.
- The most promising applicants will be invited to receive one-on-one coaching about their businesses and to participate in a virtual pitch competition, during which the first, second and third place winners will receive $3000, $2000 and $1000 cash prizes, respectively.
Winners will have an opportunity to represent UMSL Accelerate in a regional competition to win more $$$.
- January 26: Applications open
- February 24: Applications close
- February 27: Finalists invited
- March 2: Coaching session #1
- March 9: Coaching session #2
- March 16: Pitch competition
Apply before February 24th
For questions related to this application, please email Michael Kehoe at email@example.com
To fill out the form for the competition, please visit:
Form for the Competition
Q. What is the university’s policy on student owned intellectual property (IP)?
A. Please see the policy and FAQ
Q. Does my venture have to be an individual student or a team of students?
A. It can be either. The primary student entering the competition must be enrolled at UMSL.
Q. What is the goal of the program?
A. As an extension of the UM System EQ program, the goal of the pitch competition is to see more successful student entrepreneurs launching businesses in Missouri. See President Choi’s recent remarks regarding initiatives.