Sexual Assault Resources

In addition to the support services offered by the university, there are a number of community organizations available to assist individuals who have experienced sexual violence. To locate community services and resources in your area, please visit Not Alone and simply type in your area code.

Mental Health and Crisis Intervention Resources

P.O. Box 11201
St. Louis, MO 63105

ALIVE has a 24 hour, 7 day a week crisis line. Services include counseling, crisis intervention, an emergency shelter service, court advocacy services, and counseling for children who have witnessed abuse of a parent.

Bridgeway Behavioral Health
1570 South Main Street
St. Charles, MO 63303

Bridgeway offers services for both men and women who are survivors of domestic violence and assault. Counseling and intervention programs, as well as shelters are available. Bridgeway also has a 24 hour, 7 day a week hotline, at 1-877-946-6854.

Care and Counseling
12141 Ladue Rd and other locations
(314) 878-4340

Care and Counseling offers sliding scale fees for low income current (or recent) university students. For students, fees can go as low as $10 per session.  They can help arrange a referral to a psychiatrist- either through Care and Counseling, or an outside provider.  This office also can provide counseling that incorporates spiritual concerns. The Weger Center (part of Care and Counseling) - special services for students.

Crime Victims Advocacy Center
539 N Grand Blvd #400
St Louis, MO 63103

Crime Victims Advocacy Center has 24 hour free counseling and aid for victims of crime: crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy, criminal justice guidance, information on victim issues and victim right, preparation for restorative justice activities, referral to community resources, and assistance filing victim compensation.

Family Mental Health Collaborative      
(314) 729-4035

Central appointment line for four agencies (i.e., Provident Counseling, Catholic Family Services, Lutheran F.S., Jewish F.S.) The intake counselor will assess your situation over the phone and refer you to one of their four agencies.  Some of these agencies include access to a psychiatrist for medication monitoring. Some may qualify for free or very low fees, if they are St. Louis County residents.