Students With Disabilities Policy
Faculty Syllabus Suggestions
Section 504 and Title II of the ADA
Services for Students
Testing Accommodation Policy
Alternate Text Format
Registering with Disability Access
Disability Type and Accommodations
DAS Student Handbook
This area of the Disability Access Services website includes resources for faculty. If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone regarding a particular situation or student, please feel free to contact the DAS office at 314-516-6554.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Answers commonly asked questions from faculty and staff members.
- Faculty Syllabus Suggestions - Provides sample statements that can be included in course syllabi to inform students about the DAS office.
- Disability Type and Accommodations - Reviews various types of disabilities and examples of accommodations.
- Volunteer Notetaking - Discusses the use of volunteer notetakers at UMSL as a mandated accommodation and provides suggestions for locating a volunteer notetaker.
- Section 504 and ADA Guidelines - Details Section 504 and American with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines that apply to higher education.
Helpful External Links for Faculty:
- The Faculty Room - This extensive website offers a wide variety of information related to teaching students with disabilities. It includes faculty resources, presentations, case studies, universal design guidelines, disability information, and more.
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Guidelines - This website offers strategies for implementing universal design in order to maximize the learning of students with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.