About The Department
Message from the Chair
The Saint Louis Area
Faculty & Professional Staff
Graduate Student Funding Resources
Undergraduate Advising Office
Careers in Psychology
Undergraduate Trauma Studies Certificate
Psych Research Studies
Community Psychological Service
Center for Trauma Recovery
Kathy J. Weinman Children Advocacy Centre
Alumni and Friends
Giving to the Department
The typical new class each Fall in Behavioral Neuroscience (BN) numbers about 6 students, 3 to the MA program and 3 to the Ph.D. program. Completed applications are due to the Graduate School by January 15 for admission in the following Fall semester and should include:
- Application to the BN graduate program is completed online at http://www.umsl.edu/admissions/
- FAQ from the Graduate School https://umsl.askadmissions.net/emtinterestpage.aspx?ip=graduate
- Transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work
- GRE scores: General GRE scores are required for admission to the program. The Psychology Subject GRE test is not required for admission.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation from individuals that are familiar with your potential to successfully complete graduate training in psychology is required for admission. Ideally, individuals that provide letters of recommendation will be sufficiently familiar with the candidate to address critical thinking, academic success, written and oral expression, responsibility, organization, and other important skills necessary for successful graduate training.
- A personal statement 300- 400 words outlining your interests in the field, a faculty member with whom you are most interested in working with, and your tentative career goals.
- Other information the student feels is pertinent (e.g., manuscripts, curriculum vita or resume).
To obtain further information about the program, contact Professor George Taylor, Director, Graduate Program in Behavioral Neuroscience , Department of Psychological Sciences, University of Missouri-St. Louis, St. Louis, MO 63121 (314-516-5397); e-mail address is GEOT@UMSL.EDU.