- Dr. Susan Brownell China, sports and body culture, the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, and Olympic studies.
- Dr. Sheilah Clarke-Ekong Change and continuity in contemporary West African cultures, African organizational structures, women's participation in the informal economies of the urban United States and South Africa, African geography and cultural education.
- Dr. Michael Cosmopoulos Old World archaeology, emergence of states and social complexity in Greece, Greece from the Neolithic Period, rise of Greek city-states and Classical Greece.
- Dr. Margo-Lea Hurwicz Culture, health, and aging; qualitative and quantitative research methods; Hispanic cultures.
- Catherine Koziol
- Dr. Laura Miller She has published more than fifty articles and book chapters on Japanese culture and language, including topics such as the Korean wave, English loanwords in Japanese, the Abeno Seimei boom, girls’ slang, and print club photos.
- Dr. Michael Ohnersorgen Mesoamerica, Aztec empire, political economy, craft production & exchange, and public archaeology. Regional interests in Mesoamerica include the Gulf Coast Lowlands and Northwest Mexico.
- Dr. Chris Shaffer Primate behavioral ecology, human foraging, conservation ecology, GIS. Regional interests in Guyana and Central America.
Dr. Jay Rounds Museum studies, process theories of museology, long-term process of fundamental change in societal institutions, creativity theory.
- Dr. Patti Wright Midwestern U.S., Mesoamerica, Peru, paleoethnobotany, origins of food production, history of archaeology, archaeological methods and formation processes.
Department Faculty Research Sites Worldwide: