Anthropology 3-Year Plan
Alumni & Friends
Awards and Scholarships
Grad School Tips
Ten Academic Tips
Student Projects and Alumni Careers
Academic success is part intellect, part strategy, and part luck.
- Prepare to succeed. Success is like good food; it calls for seconds.
- Attend class. You pay to be in school in human and material resources.
- Make a friend and exchange phone numbers. When you miss class, you need to know what you missed.
- Know your professors' office hours. Go in the beginning, in the middle and before exams. Contrary to popular myth, professors want you to succeed.
- Talk with other students about course loads, professors' expectations, and departmental requirements.
- Make an appointment with your advisor at least twice each semester.
- Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses. Work your strengths.
- Use campus support networks. Tutorials and study groups do make a difference.
- Keep employers, friends, and family informed about your academic aspirations.
- Dwell on the positive and step to it!