Scheduling an Appointment
The Testing Center is appointment-based only. All testers are required to schedule testing appointments at least 24 hours in advance, present a photo ID upon arrival, and complete their test by closing time. Walk-ins and same-day requests are not permitted.
For registration and other information on sponsored tests, including Pearson VUE, Meazure, and others, please view the Test Directory.
Testing Center RulesThe following protocols apply to all students and candidates utilizing Testing Center services. Please note that sponsored tests, including Pearson VUE, Meazure, and others, may have additional rules and restrictions.
- All test-takers must present physical photo identification such as student ID, non-expired driver's license, passport, military, or other government-issued photo ID card.
- An appointment made at least 24 hours in advance is required. Walk-ins and same-day requests are not allowed. Failing to arrive more than thirty (30) minutes after a scheduled test start time is considered a no-show and the appointment is forfeited. If a student arrives at the Testing Center without a confirmed appointment, they will be directed to contact their professor for further guidance. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing areas, including but not limited to cell phones, smartwatches, laptops, personal electronics, food and drink items, bags, purses, outerwear, and any non-test-related items. Lockers are available to store personal items. ExamSoft-enabled laptops are permitted and are the only exception to this policy.
- No children or visitors are allowed in the testing areas. Children may not be left unattended on campus. View campus policy
- Tests must be submitted by the posted closing time. Students are solely responsible for scheduling appointments appropriately to receive the maximum time available for testing.
- Please be respectful of other test-takers and keep noise to a minimum to avoid disturbing others. Loud, disruptive, aggressive, or intimidating behavior is not allowed. We have a zero-tolerance policy and all violations will be reported to UMSL Student Conduct or Campus Police.
- Testing areas are under visual, remote, and video surveillance. Accessing any devices or unauthorized aids will result in dismissal from the Testing Center. All violations and suspected violations are reported to the course instructor and the Director of Student Conduct and Academic Integrity.
- Test site administrative fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Updated September 20, 2023