Students With Disabilities Policy
Services for Students
Testing Accommodation Policy
Alternate Text Format
Zonta Club of St. Louis
Faculty Syllabus Suggestions
DAS Student Handbook
This area of the Disability Access Services website includes resources for faculty. If you have any questions or would like to speak to someone regarding a particular situation or student, please feel free to contact the DAS office at 314-516-6554.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Answers commonly asked questions from faculty and staff members.
- Faculty Syllabus Suggestions - Provides sample statements that can be included in course syllabi to inform students about the DAS office.
- Volunteer Notetaking - Discusses the use of volunteer notetakers at UMSL as a mandated accommodation and provides suggestions for locating a volunteer notetaker.
Helpful External Links for Faculty:
- The Faculty Room - This extensive website offers a wide variety of information related to teaching students with disabilities. It includes faculty resources, presentations, case studies, universal design guidelines, disability information, and more.
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Guidelines - This website offers strategies for implementing universal design in order to maximize the learning of students with a wide range of abilities and disabilities.
- Center for Teaching and Learning - The center for teaching and learning at the University of Missouri- St. Louis assist professors in find appropriate links when transcribing audio/visual information into transcripts for students with specific disorders. Please contact Michael Porterfeild for further assistance.