Meet the Team
Steve Walentik, Director of Public Relations and Content
Phone: (314) 516-6690
Contact Steve about:
- General inquiries
- Faculty experts
- Crisis communications
- College of Arts and Sciences stories and College of Business Administration stories
Burk Krohe, Editor of UMSL Daily
Phone: (314) 516-5827
Contact Burk about:
- College of Education, School of Social Work and Office of Admissions stories
- UMSL Daily questions and subscription updates
Heather Riske, Senior PR Writer, UMSL Magazine Editor
Phone: (314) 516-5851
Contact Heather about:
- UMSL Magazine
- College of Nursing, College of Optometry and Pierre Laclede Honors College
Wendy Todd, PR Writer
Phone: (314) 516-6694
Contact Wendy about:
- College of Business Administration and UMSL/WUSTL Joint Undergraduate Engineering Program stories
- Student Life stories
- What types of stories do UMSL Daily and UMSL Magazine tell?
Both publications feature student success, alumni spotlights, faculty achievements, staff stories, program news, campus growth and event coverage. There are more details here and here. Send us your idea, and we’ll determine which venue is the most appropriate.
- How much lead time does UMSL Daily need?
Please give us at least two weeks’ notice but up to two months ahead of time is appreciated. We may not be able to cover last-minute requests.
- My story idea doesn’t fit into one of the coverage areas listed. Who should I reach out to?
Feel free to reach out to any one of us with your ideas! We work collaboratively and will get it into the right hands. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will you write about every story idea? Should I ask the subjects for permission or photographs before I send in my idea?
Due to our small staff size, we are not able to write every story. Because of that, we ask you not to reach out to potential subjects beforehand so that no one is disappointed.